Look at what the Democrats are planning if they win control of Congress in November
The highest priority for Democrats, if they win the midterm election, will be to impeach President Trump (see Victory in 2018 Memo #3). But if they cannot succeed at that—since most Americans oppose impeachment—they have dozens of other ways in which they plan to stall and reverse the Trump agenda and plunge America into a civil war that's even worse than the one we're in now.
The website Axios.com has obtained a document circulating on Capitol Hill which lists the probes Democrats have already demanded—a list which will be greatly expanded if they gain control of Congress. These demands include probes of:
- President Trump's tax returns
- Trump family businesses — and whether they comply with the Constitution's emoluments clause, including the Chinese trademark grant to the Trump Organization
- Trump's dealings with Russia, including the president's preparation for his meeting with Vladimir Putin
- The payment to Stephanie Clifford — a.k.a. Stormy Daniels
- James Comey's firing
- Trump's firing of U.S. attorneys
- Trump's proposed transgender ban for the military
- Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin's business dealings
- White House staff's personal email use
- Cabinet secretary travel, office expenses, and other misused perks
- Discussion of classified information at Mar-a-Lago
- Jared Kushner's ethics law compliance
- Dismissal of members of the EPA board of scientific counselors
- The travel ban
- Family separation policy
- Hurricane response in Puerto Rico
- Election security and hacking attempts
- White House security clearances
And that's just the beginning. House Democrats have already made more than 100 formal demands for "administration officials to be grilled by committee staff, requests for hearings to obtain sworn testimony, efforts to seize communications about controversial policies and personnel decisions, and subpoena threats."
Republicans have been able to block most of these demands in committee, thanks to their control of Congress. But if the Democrats take over the House in November, their feeding frenzy will resemble the Donner Party coming across the Pilgrims' Thanksgiving feast.
As noted by Axios:
"These demands would turn the Trump White House into a 24/7 legal defense operation."
And that is the whole point. There is nothing in these Democrat demands that will benefit the middle class, relieve the burden of the American taxpayer, or strengthen our national defense. It's all about stopping and reversing the Trump/Republican agenda with partisan witch hunts.
The Swamp Republican leadership (Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, et al) does not have the guts to confront the Democrats by exposing their real goals and plans. They want bland "local" campaigns in the "go along to get along" style of the Washington Swamp.
This is why conservatives must lead in exposing the real goals of the far-Left Democrat Party. Make certain that your candidates for federal office let voters know that the result of a Democrat victory in November would be chaos, civil war, obstructionism, and more federal control over our lives.
And use your leadership position to ensure that voters you're in contact with are similarly informed. The hysterical Left will be out in force. We must make sure our troops also report for duty in November.