And it's doing that by nationalizing the election
The far-Left continues its takeover of the Democrat Party.
Last week Ayanna Pressley defeated a 20-year veteran of the House, Michael Capuano, in a Boston primary election. She instantly became the new poster girl for the "progressive" takeover of the Democrats, replacing the previous celebrity celebrated by the mainstream (i.e., Democrat) media, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who defeated incumbent Rep. Joe Crowley in New York City.
It's not as if Pressley is an outlier among Democrats. She is an at-large member of the Boston City Council and previously worked as a senior aide to both Rep. Joseph P. Kennedy II and Senator John Kerry.
No—like Ocasio-Cortez, Pressley represents the new ideological fashion among rank-and-file Democrats. As I've noted before, the Democrats kicked the white middle class off their bus, and now the middle class has left the Democrats, leaving the far-Left in control.
And how far Left is Democrat Ayanna Pressley?
Pressley is nothing if not transparent. Her campaign website details hundreds of her positions on policy issues, a veritable smorgasbord of what the Left has in mind for America if the Democrats win Congress in November. Including:
- Defund ICE
- Prevent funding for a border wall
- Gun controls, of course
- Repeal the Hyde Amendment (which prohibits using federal funds to pay for abortion)
- Support the "study" of climate change (global warming) with tons of taxpayer dollars
- Debt-free public higher education (debt-free for the students, that is, not you and the nation)
- A $15 national minimum wage, indexed to inflation
- Significant increases in foreign aid
- Protect women's "right" to abortion
- Repeal the 2017 tax cut
Sound familiar? How many of these far-Left positions would your local Democrat candidates dare to oppose?
Fellow conservatives, it is up to us to make this far-Left Democrat agenda known to voters. This is the only way we can win in November, with our own "nationalize the election" agenda.